Latest Buzz :

WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere! : My 5 Favorites



WeChat With Anyone, Anywhere! : My 5 Favorites
"I hate how when you have W#@$@☧☧,every Tom,Dick and Harry who has your #(Phone number) in their mobile phone book can find you on it and contact you!",I ranted to Deepak,a friend of mine.
"Have you tried WeChat?" he asked."A lot of people I know have started to use it of late."
Before I knew,I was WeChat-ing with my friends.A little over a month later,IndiBlogger and WeChat announced this bloody cool contest !And it goes without saying that there was no way I was not participating in it!
Remove the annoying bits from the average mobile messaging application,throw in more awesome features,and you have WeChat!To give a brief insight,one is required to accept friend requests on WeChat,rather than discovering that the application already has connected him to the entire world.There is no 'last seen at' timestamp.There are however,group,voice and video messaging features!No wonder I have enjoyed WeChat from the very moment that I started using it!
That brings me to my today's post,my entry for this 'WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!' contest.The contest is a very creative one.The question being,"If you could connect with 5 or more people in a WeChat group - who would they be,and why?What would you talk about?The people can be dead,alive or even fictional".Ladies and gentleman,without further ado,I present to you,my 5 favorites!

1. Benjamin Spooner Briggs
What better way to solve the 140+ year old,world's greatest maritime mystery than to WeChat the captain featuring it!
Unheard of the mysterious...the bewildering...the controversial story of 'Mary Celeste'?(Name of the ship) I am not surprised.The Mary Celeste has not been written or talked about by the media as widely as some other ships,like Titanic.
Just to give a little brief,she was sailing from New York to Italy in the winter of 1872.A month later,she was discovered floating in the middle of the Atlantic ocean,unmanned!The ten people aboard her were never seen or heard from again!What happened to them?!


The above image is in the public domain.
  • Piracy? It is not beyond belief that pirates may have attacked the crew and passengers,
    murdered them,and thrown them into the ocean.But the valuables of the crew/passengers were still on the ship when she was discovered!Why would pirates attack a ship,murder everyone aboard and not take away the valuables?!Also,there were no signs of violence on the Mary Celeste!
  • Mutiny? Some believe that the crew,tired of Benjamin Briggs,the captain,and his attitude towards them,murdered him and his family,then escaped in a lifeboat.However,Briggs was in  no way an unfair captain!He was a respected man,known for his abilities and fairness.A mutiny hence,is very unlikely to be the cause behind Mary Celeste's abandonment.
  • Bad Weather? Another theory suggests that the weather took a turn for the bad,and the captain,panicking and believing that the Mary Celeste was going to sink,ordered everyone aboard into the lifeboat,and abandoned it.But,again,why would an experienced and able captain make such a huge error of judgement?Also,another ship sailing through the Atlantic ocean at the same time as Mary Celeste came across no severe weather conditions.
So what really happened to the ten people aboard the ship to make them disappear,as if by magic?!
Once again,the opening statement,"What better way to solve the 140+ year old,world's greatest maritime mystery than to WeChat the captain featuring it"!

Thanks to WeChat's wide range of emoticons,I would be able to express myself well with the highlighted ones when the captain tells me the real account of what happened! 

2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
From one captain to another!
The IPL spot fixing scandal has turned out to be much bigger than we ever imagined.Even as I write this post,new explosive twists emerge and the plot thickens.This has to be the most shameless Indian cricket expose of the modern era!
While Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar have broken their silence,and rightly so,one man continues to keep mum - M.S. Dhoni,the captain of the Indian national cricket team and Chennai Super Kings.He has refused to react to the scandal time and again,and considering that he does not want to talk to the media,perhaps he will prefer talking on WeChat?


Image Source
Photographer - Blnguyen

The journalist in me(Are we Bloggers not journalists,after all?) wants to ask him several questions via WeChat,but right now I am limiting myself to only three.
  • Vice-presidentship of India Cements or the captaincy of the Indian cricket team?What means more to you?If the latter,why have you been silent?!
  • Do you agree with the BCCI chief N. Srinivasan when he calls son-in-law Meiyappan a mere cricket enthusiast?If yes,what is your opinion on this tweet doing rounds on Twitter now days,"If Gurunath Meiyappan is just a Cricket Enthusiast, Veerappan was also just a wildlife enthusiast"?
  • Is the BCCI gagging you?Or is staying silent your personal decision?
                                                   

Even as I ask these questions,I wonder if Dhoni will answer us(me and the other WeChat group members) .Or will he send us a blank voice message instead?

3. Aladdin
So far,it has been serious business in the group with Benjamin Spooner Briggs and Mahendra Singh Dhoni.On a lighter note,how about adding Aladdin?(The Disney character who has the Magic Carpet.Not the one from The Arabian Nights!)



I will try convincing him to land me his Persian designed...friendly...intelligent carpet.If unpersuaded,hopefully the others will chime in and help me!
Just imagine how cool would it be to send away all corrupt Indian politicians(Psst: And my annoying relatives!) to a deserted island,on the Magic Carpet?

If Aladdin remains unaffected by our persuasion and protests,the audio mode feature of WeChat group chat would come in handy!We all would be able to talk to him,to convince him better!

4. Mithun Chakraborty
This one is the simplest of them all!No-one can be more supportive that Mithun Da in a group chat,so I will like to have him there!He will keep saying "Koi shak" after every message of mine!


Photographer - Graphikamaal


On a lighter note,I would have nagged Mithun Da to share with us some name cards of Bollywood superstars,but I don't need to!I already follow several of B-town's big names on WeChat - from the Student Of The Year debutant Varun Dhawan,to the cute actress,Parineeti Chopra!I even have Punit Malhotra,director of one of my favorite movies,I Hate Luv Storys,on my WeChat!

5. Paul Michael Levesque/Triple H
For a die-hard fan of sports entertainment,what can be better than chatting with one of the biggest and most influential names in the industry?
In case you are unaware,Triple H,also nicknamed 'The Game',is an American professional wrestler,actor and business executive.He is signed to WWE(World Wrestling Entertainment).
Not only is he a wrestler at WWE,but also the company's Executive Vice President Of Talent.
Inside the ring,his numerous achievements range from being a thirteen-time world champion to being a former Royal Rumble winner(A match with 30 participants!).



I would love to have a tête-à-tête with him,and get to know at-least a couple of inside stories!
  • What does the future of WWE hold,including that of my favorite superstar, Randy Orton ?
  • Your signature sledgehammer - who's idea was it?What was its origin?
  • Why hasn't WWE come to India for a show in over a decade now?
Never before in my 3 years history of using smart phones have I seen a mobile messaging application that gives as many awesome features as WeChat!One can send group,voice and video messages,even images!

This summer...imagine...being dressed in tank top and shorts...relaxing by the pool...listening to 90's pop songs...drinking cold lemonade...and group chatting with these 5 enchanting personalities on WeChat!The good life!

To know more about WeChat,visit their YouTube channel or site .

DISCLAIMER
This post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
It does not reflect the views of WeChat or IndiBlogger.

Love to hear what you think!

Share this article :

+ comments + 7 comments

15/06/2013, 14:29

Very interesting!!

Loved your first choice of Benjamin Spooner Briggs the most, Fahad! I have not heard of Mary Celeste before. Thanks for the little insight on it! Would definitely be interesting to know what happened..

Yes,getting a ride on Aladdin's Magic Carpet would be so cool! :)

15/06/2013, 14:52

Very interesting!
Loved your first coice of Benjamin Spooner Briggs the most, Fahad!
I have not heard of Mary Celeste before, thanks for the brief on it.:) It would definitely be interesting to know what happened!
Yes a ride on Aladdin's Magic Carpet would be Super Cool! :)

16/06/2013, 21:11

Very unique array of characters! I wouldn't mind meeting Aladdin myself :-) But now, who is Mithun Chakraborty? Ah, he's an actor. And I'll just assume that "koi shak" means that he loves everything you are saying. Very interesting..you'll have to keep me updated & tell me if you successfully get any of these people to join in a WeChat group with you! :-)

18/06/2013, 04:59

Interesting choice of people and you gave very good reasons for it. Never heard of the Mary Celeste, but it is a fascinating mystery.

I'd use Aladdin's magic carpet to get to places, but using it to get rid of certain people has its own charm ;)

20/06/2013, 08:17

Triple H-The Game,Undoubtedly One Of The Most Powerful Wrestler In WWE,And Nice COO Too,He Handles WWE Good...And My Question Is Why There Is No Arena of WWE In India And Why No Show In India?

20/06/2013, 15:49

I personally am very intrigued by the Mary Celeste, never even heard of it before now, and would love to know what happened.

Anonymous
22/06/2013, 17:45

I liked all of your characters.  Since I am a kid at heart and always will be, I would use Aladdin's magic carpet to travel all over the world........ I wish.....

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Simply Fahad-istic! - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger