Latest Buzz :

A Tribute To Baba: We Miss You!


Baba/Barbarossa
14th May,'02 - 25th Apr,'12
Time keeps flowing,but memories will live forever!

A TRIBUTE TO BABA: WE MISS YOU! 
"Doggie has been put to sleep."
I stared into the blank emptiness of my computer screen.My eyes looking at the words of the tweet,that somehow made no sense.My brain had suddenly gone numb,rendering me speechless.

What would I say to Calena - was the question,but no matter whatever words I thought of,made little sense compared to the feelings that overwhelmed me.
"Condolences"?
"I am here if you need to talk"?

"My thoughts are with you"?I well remembered all those conversations with her - asking how Baba was every second day,telling her that they should visit me when I am settled in Europe and saying I would make chicken and rice for him when they did.I knew no matter how many or what words I used,they would not suffice.
It was then that I decided to do this post,a tribute to Baba,Calena's good friend and companion,her doggie.
For those of you who do not know,Calena is my twitter friend from Austria.Friendly,understanding and open-minded is how I will like to describe her.Along with us both being Shanatics,we have more in common like our love for Bollywood films and opinions on religion and faith.
Here are some pictures of Baba,the name being short for 'Barbarossa',the German emperor.

Ah,look at him standing in the snow!So cute!As Calena told me,he loved winters!


I sit and try to write the words,I want your heart to hear.
Hoping to find some comfort,in the fact that your not here.

He loved plastic bottles and toys too!

I look out into the open field,that you once occupied,
Knowing now that field is empty,because my love,you've died. 

The water is still,in the pond that you played,
And your bed is so empty,where your pretty head laid.

As you must have figured from the picture on top of the page,he used to be happy going on trips in car!

We'll never forget one minute we spent,
of loving and laughing,of places we went.

Calena describes him as "the best dog ever,he had a big heart,was friendly and eager to please".

Now you go and play,and look down when you can,
remembering we love you,and this isn't the end.

As Calena's heart searches for strength,may it also find peace.We,her friends,send her love.
If you have a message for Calena,leave it in the comments box and I will ensure that it reaches her.

NOTE

No credit or ownership is claimed of any images used in this post.All pictures/images have been obtained from Calena,their owner and prior permission taken for use.The captions of pictures/images are lines from the poem, A "Golden" Good-Bye by Holly W. Gray.

Creative Commons License
This work by Fahad Khan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

Love to hear what you think!

Share this article :

+ comments + 12 comments

16/05/2012, 00:50

Dear Calz my heart goes out too you and the family Doggie will always be #shanatics special doggie MAY he R.I.P
stay srong we will always support be here for you :)
Much love always
Keshie

Mahez
16/05/2012, 06:03

Dearest Cal
Nothing I say can take away the pain of your loss! I got to know about Baba just recently after seeing his pic in ur dp . . But guess what? I fell instantly in love with him!! It's unfortunate, tragic n unjust that you had to lose a good friend like him. . Who I know must have been privy to many a Sasha convos! :) Hope you will be able to heal enough in future and get another dog who you can again love . . But Baba's memory will always stay with u . . In ur thought n in these pics!! Love ya Hun n am so sorry for ur loss! Muaaah n tight jhappies!!

16/05/2012, 06:15

My acquaintance with you, Calz, started with a photo of Baba on your DP, so he became an integral part of our chats!
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Baba!
It's amazing how pets becoming part of our family and our live!
Your dog has had a wonderful, long and happy life, hun.
Just remember all the good times you had shared together and be strong!
Love and hugs!
Lisa

16/05/2012, 10:37

Dear Calz
I'm so sorry for the loss of Baba !
The first time i saw him in your DP ,His adorableness made me fell instantly in love with him !
I know he was very close to u and forgetting this is definitely not the most easiest thing u can do.
May Baba RIP !
We all are always here for u *tight jhappis*
Lotsa love
@shahidfann

16/05/2012, 16:06

My dear Calz,
I know you miss your Baba very very very much.
Think of the many wonderful years with Baba. Your sweet Doggie had a happy Life and he is always in your heart!

RIP sweet Baba.
We will never forget him!

*big hugs* Sweety,
Biaji

ExtraCookie
17/05/2012, 11:07

What a beautiful, sweet tribute! I didn't know B. in person, unfortunately, but I still felt like I knew him somehow, and I know he more than deserved such a lovely tribute. I even miss him, if that makes sense. Pets absolutely shatter your heart eventually, but they're SO worth it. I'm glad you got to have him, Calena, and that he got to have you. :-)

17/05/2012, 11:56

Dear Calz. Baba will always be remembered in our hearts and minds as the sweetest and cutest #shanatic doggie!
He was a true companion to u,and he knew u loved him,and will always love him.
R.I.P Baba.
We love u and miss u!
Loads of love
@Khadija_ag

19/05/2012, 01:50

Dear Fahad! Thank you so much for this beautiful tribute. I still miss Baba very much. I'm overwhelmed you took the time to create this in his memory. *bear hug*

All of you, I'm so emotional and touched. Thank you for your amazing comments and your support. I love you!

24/05/2012, 13:02

Awwww..what a sweet tribute! He seemed like such a sweet doggie. If there's a Doggie Heaven, I'm sure he's there. :-)

--Dax

24/10/2012, 08:45

Thank you, Dax! :XD

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Simply Fahad-istic! - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger